CERN Fire & Rescue Service
GL: Dr. Pierre Bonnal, DGL: Marc Nas
Assistant: Efstathia Kopterou
The CERN Fire and Rescue service group, FRS:
- supports the Organization in emergency preparedness and response,
- provides a fire and rescue service, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, in order to protect the physical integrity of persons, and to minimise, to the extent possible, damage to the environment and property and disruption of CERN’s activities,
- In the event of an incident represents CERN in contacts with its Host States and third parties outside working hours until the competent CERN services are available.
In particular the FRS:
- acts as first responder to fires, Safety- and medical emergencies on the CERN sites and in their vicinity,
- collaborates with the Fire and Rescue Services in the Host States as defined in the relevant agreements,
- shares knowledge in firefighting and prevention and contributes to fire investigations and the design of fire and rescue related safety training programmes,
- carries out research and develops operational tactics suited to CERNs specificities.