Last updated: 28 July 2021
Applicable to everyone who comes on the CERN sites
Everyone on CERN sites must comply with the following measures:
- A physical distance of at least 1,5m shall be respected at all times. Specific COVID- 19-related measures shall apply where this distance cannot be ensured;
- Masks shall be worn where there is a risk that the physical distance of 1,5m cannot be ensured at all times. More detailed prescriptions regarding the wearing of masks (indoors and outdoors) apply depending on the COVID-19 risk level.
- Hand-shaking and other close contacts with colleagues are not allowed;
- Regular hand washing is required. Hands shall be washed thoroughly with soap and water; if not available an alcohol based hand sanitizer can be used.
- When coughing, sneezing or nose blowing, nose and mouth shall be covered with a disposable tissue or with the crook of the elbow, if no disposable tissue is available;
- Tools, workstations and CERN cars shall be regularly cleaned by the person using them;
- Proper venting of workplaces (offices, meeting rooms,...) shall be ensured by the occupants of these workspaces.