REMUS (Radiation and Environment Monitoring Unified Supervision) is the software in charge of providing Supervision, Control and Data Acquisition for the entire suite of monitoring stations of HSE.
These monitoring stations cover all radiological and environmental parameters that can potentially be affected by the operation of the facilities of the Organization.
REMUS is an innovative system, allowing run-time installation of equipment, run-time edition of synoptic and heterogeneous equipment interfacing.
REMUS provides synoptic views, real time and archived measurements and events to:
- HSE Radiation Protection Experts
- HSE Environmental Specialists
- CERN Control Centre (CCC), Experiment Control Rooms, Safety Control Rooms
- CERN Fire Brigade
- Reliability: Availability of Servers above 99.99% since production launch (2013-2018)
- Scalability: Number of archived records tripled between 2013 (15 Bn/year) and 2019 (45 Bn/year)
- Performance: Client start up in less than 10sec
- Adaptability: Applications and Synoptic can be created and deployed in run-time
Data Visualisation Tool
ERGO (Environment and Radiation Graphic Observer) is a Data Visualisation Tool, providing direct access to all the Measurements and Events recorded by the REMUS system, real-time, and archived.
REMUS Support Team
REMUS Support Team is in charge of:
- Coordination of REMUS Servers Administration (with IT, BE-CO)
- Coordination of REMUS Windows cluster Management (with IT)
- Installation of CERN-wide framework components (JCOP & UNICOS from EN-ICE)
- REMUS performance assessments
- User Training of REMUS and ERGO, organised on demand
- User support (JIRA tickets, phone calls, e-mails)
- Corrective maintenance of REMUS
- Test, Preparation and Deployment of REMUS releases, patches and hotfixes
- Corrective maintenance of ERGO
- Test, Preparation and Deployment of ERGO releases, patches and hotfixes
- Declaration of new REMUS Applications
- Management of OPC addressing
- Assessment of user needs: Initiation of projects if need be (e.g.: A new type of equipment need to be interfaced with REMUS)
Support and Contact: