Mental health support
The WHO definition of health is
“a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.
Mental health is an integral part of health, essential for human beings to able to, individually and collectively, think, feel, exchange with others, perform productive work and enjoy life.
If you are going through a phase where you feel the need to take stock or explore options with a professional, whether for private or professional reasons, CERN’s Medical Service provides members of personnel (MPE and MPA) the help of two psychologists.
They offer you primary care psychological consultations. A space where you will be listened to and get support, in complete confidentiality.
In the framework of their mandate, these psychologists can:
- guide you, give advice
- present you the tools to better manage a given situation
- refer you to a suitable practitioner, if necessary.
Consultations can be carried out in English or French.
You can make an appointment with a CERN psychologist via e-mail at Psychologistemail@example.com
Guided breathing exercise for relaxation
CERN Bulletin articles on mental health
- COVID-19: Look after your mental health, 13.05.2020
- CERN' mental health sources, 22.04.2021
- What is mental health?, 29.04.2021
- Recognise the signs of a mental health problem, 13.05.2021
- Sleep, nutrition and exercise: your mental health's best friends, 22.06.2021
- We can all take steps to look after our mental health, 27.06.2021
- We can all take steps to look after our mental health (part II) , 29.07.2021