Coronavirus: information, measures and recommendations
Last updated: 6 July 2020 (Monday)
Since the 18th May CERN is implementing a flexible and safe 16-week plan for the gradual re-start of on-site activities, supported by COVID-19-specific health and safety measures.
This webpage collates information regarding the COVID-19 related health and safety measures and recommendations that accompany the gradual re-start of on-site activities. These are based on the Memorandum from the Director General issued on the 5th of May, and its Annex 'CERN Instructions on COVID-19-related health and safety measures' and its Appendix as well as the 'CERN Instructions on COVID-19-related health and safety measures for contractors'.
The measures and recommendations are updated regularly .
Our highest priority continues to be protecting the health and well-being of all people on site and those working remotely.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for CERN personnel, are available on a dedicated page.
Contact numbers for Support and Information :
- Declaration of cases
- Medical assistance, Medical advice and information
- HSE related questions
- HR related questions
- General information on the COVID-19 pandemic
Organisation of work :
- Hygiene measures
- In case of illness
- Access to CERN and online safety course, Access to CERN sites for people with vulnerabilities, Access to CERN for visitors
- Duty travel
- Information for CERN contractors
- Availability of CERN services
- Posters *New content*
Host States Information :
- Travel restrictions in Switzerland and France *New content*
Other activities :
COVID-19 and CERN :